Handoff 1.1 and the Firefox extension are now now available!
Handoff 1.1 and the Firefox extension are now available! We've just released a major feature update to Handoff. This release adds several user requested features to Handoff, including a much requested extension for Firefox. Some of the other major changes include:
- Open links with many other applications on iOS, including Safari (and some other web browsers), YouTube, Maps, iTunes, App Store, Articles (for Wikipedia), IMDB, Yelp and Twitter.
- Share with even more apps including Pastebot and Instapaper.
- Share links via text message on iPhone.
- View web pages in browsers other than Mobile Safari (including Atomic, Cyberspace, iCab Mobile, Mercury and 360).
- Improved user interface that shows longer titles and makes it easier to jump to other apps.
Handoff in What's Hot & Safari and Chrome extension updates!
Handoff is now featured in the What's Hot section of the App Store. Thanks to all our customers for helping us get the word out and making this possible!
In addition, updated versions of the Safari and Chrome extensions are now available. This is a small bug fix and polish release to bring us up to date with the 1.0.2 version of the iOS app. The new extensions contain the following changes:
- Added Google maps support for non-US Google maps domains (such as maps.google.jp)
- Safari: The toolbar button should now behave more sanely with the show/hide bar preference.
- Safari: Fixed a bug that could cause the toolbar to hide while you were logging in.
Updated Bookmarklets Now Available & 1.0.2 on it's way to the App Store
We've just updated the bookmarklets to improve support for Google Maps and added support for handing off selected text. In addition, several bugs have been fixed. Due to a fix for an authentication bug, older bookmarklets may stop working. Because of this fix and the new features we recommend that all users upgrade their bookmarklets.
In addition to updated bookmarklets, we've just submitted 1.0.2 to the App Store. 1.0.2 is a maintenance and bug fix release with the following improvements:
- Fixed a crasher when removing all links from the Handoff list.
- Fixed a bug on the iPad where the pushed site could open in a popover.
- Improved the feedback when the app is open and a push is received.
Handoff is now in the App Store New & Noteworthy Category!
We're happy to announce that Handoff has been featured in the App Store's New & Noteworthy category. Thanks for all the positive feedback! We're working hard on new features and improvements.
Handoff 1.0.1 & and Updated Extensions/Bookmarklets Now Available
We've just released an update to both the iOS app and the extensions/bookmarklets with several bug fixes and improvements:
- Fixed an issue registering for push notifications on first use of the iOS app.
- Improved handling of app store links.
- Improved error reporting in common error cases.
- Fixed a bug in the Chrome Extension and bookmarklets that was preventing maps from being properly handed off.
- Updated the Safari extension to support the most recent Webkit nightly builds.
- Fixed several other minor issues.
Handoff is ready for sale.
We're happy to announce that Handoff is available on the Apple App Store now. We're excited to finally get this out and about and on your devices and to start hearing your feedback. You can find Handoff here.
Handoff has been submitted to the App Store. Expect to see it soon on an iDevice near you.
We're proud to announce that the Handoff iOS application has been submitted to the Apple App Store. Once it goes through the app review process it will be available to all users for $3. Stay tuned for status updates, as we'll update the site as soon as the app goes live.
The Handoff site is live!
The Handoff site is finally live! Currently this is only really useful for beta testers, but the iOS app should be out soon.